Sunday, 6 September 2026

Staring at the blue

 Hello again! 

I hope you’re having a wonderful week, this weekend I was lucky enough to go to the beach! I love the ocean, the smell, watching tides come and go, feeling the water against my skin. It’s where I feel so at home. I grew up in a rather remote seaside village so going to a beach always feels like returning home.

This weekend I went somewhere I’ve never been to before, it was rather small and is known mostly for dog walking but it was beyond perfect. The shore slopes into the sea very slowly, there is a small island about 20 feet out from low tide that you can wade/swim to depending on your height! Sadly I was unprepared and didn’t wear a swimsuit but I waded nonetheless and splashed around with Maiden. :’) 

Once done at the beach we went for a lovely walk around a forest and drove home. It was a wonderful day that was very much needed for the soul! Sometimes it’s easy to get bogged down in day to day life and the struggles that come with it, health, family, friends. There’s often if not always something to be worried about but being in the ocean, hearing gulls and eating ice cream is a wonderful way to give your body and mind a break from anything that ails you. 

Having said all that, I relaxed a bit too hard and dozed off in the sun, resulting in a rather nasty sunburn!

I hope that you’re able to find some time in the coming week to allow yourself to full relax, to feel the ocean on your skin or grass under your feet. You deserve rest and peace. 

Take care! 


No comments:

Post a Comment